COMPETITIONS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Designed to give young people an opportunity to shine, the REELise Film Festival invites entries in two competitions – a pocket film competition for aspiring filmmakers to 18 years and a REEL Voices competition for young people 13 to 24 years. Both are FREE TO ENTER. Finalists feature online and screen in VMAX at Event Cinemas. You can be part of a fun youth oriented event and win great prizes like filmmaking equipment and industry experiences.
Thank you to those who entered the 2021 REELise Film Festival competitions. Entries are now closed. We will be commencing a new program of monthly competitions so stay tuned for further details.
1. REELISE FILM FESTIVAL COMPETITION
The 2021 Competition theme is “Your Story”.
Entry is FREE and open to young people 10-18 years.
You must submit an Entry Form and your film must meet the REELise Entry Guidelines. Key requirements are your film is shot on a mobile phone or iPad, is 5 minutes or less (including credits) and addresses the competition theme.
In 2021 Prize categories are:
- Best Film – Junior (10-12 years)
- Best Film – Intermediate (13-15 years)
- Best Film – Senior (16-18 years)
- Spirit of REELise
- People’s Choice
- RBC Touch of Pink – the film best exploring a theme of bullying, discrimination, homophobia or transphobia.
All entrants receive a certificate of achievement.
2. REEL VOICES COMPETITION
Become a REEL Voice and help create a better online environment. We’re calling for short videos from young people 13 to 24 years interested in developing their performance and content creation skills.
Winners become online influencers for REELise and with the support of our team, produce short videos to engage and inspire other young people to live a positive life online.
Entry is FREE.
- Entry is open to young people aged 13-24 years as at 1 January 2021.
- Your video can be no longer than 1 minute.
- Your video must share a story about navigating life online – funny, sad, frustrating, empowering, educational – it’s up to you.
- Entrants are judged on the creativity and relevance of their video and their on-camera performance skills. We’re looking for confident and engaging presenters and talented content creators with fun and clever approaches to connecting with a youth audience using limited resources.
- Your entry including your full name, age, email address and contact telephone number together with a link to your film (enabling its download) must be received at [email protected] by no later than 5pm on 6 August 2021. If you are under 18 years, your entry must also include the full name, email address and contact telephone number of your parent or legal guardian.
- You, and if you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian, warrant you have permission to use all underlying content in your video and your video doesn’t infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party.
- Selection of videos for screening online and at the REELise Film Festival and in the running for awards is at the discretion of REELise Inc. All judging decisions are final. REELise may elect to judge entrants in whole or in part on the basis of viewer popularity.
- By submitting your video, you are granting REELise permission to use that video within their marketing and educational materials related to this competition and to its youth leadership programs generally. You will retain copyright for the video you have submitted but you are granting REELise a non-exclusive licence throughout the world indefinitely (whether or not the video is selected for screening at the REELise Film Festival), to show the video to the public or to grant third parties permission to show the film to the public for purposes of exhibition, promotion and education by any means including, but not limited to, the internet, cable, satellite, television or cinema broadcast and any media yet to be devised.
- Prizes must be claimed within one month of receiving notification of winning or they will be deemed to have been forfeited. Any prizes awarded are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Any costs of travel to collect a prize are to the account of the prize winner and are not paid by REELise Inc. Experiential prizes do not include travel to and from the location of the work experience.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that you have read and understood these terms of entry and agree to be bound by them. If you’re under 18, then the parent/guardian named in your entry confirms that they have read and understood these terms of entry and agree to be bound by them.
If you have any questions, just email [email protected]