REELISE FILM FESTIVAL COMPETITION
Be part of the REELise Film Festival 2019. The 2019 Competition theme is “seen”.
Entry is FREE and open to young people 8-18 years.
To be eligible for consideration as a REElise Film Festival finalist and potential award winner, you must submit an Entry Form and your film must meet the REELise Entry Guidelines. Key requirements are that your film is shot on a mobile phone or iPad, is 5 minutes or less (including credits) and addresses the competition theme. Entry close is 15 February 2019.
Young filmmakers will be vying to win great prizes including filmmaking equipment and industry experiences.
In 2019 Prizes will be awarded for:
- Best Film – Junior (8-12 years)
- Best Film – Intermediate (13-15 years)
- Best Film – Senior (16-18 years)
- Spirit of REELise
- People’s Choice
- Touch of Pink – the film which best explores an International Day of Pink theme of bullying, discrimination, homophobia or transphobia.
All entrants receive a certificate of achievement.
REEL VOICES COMPETITION
Become a REEL Voice and help us create a better online world. We’re now calling for video auditions from young people interested in developing their performance and content creation talents with our support. In addition to doing something worthwhile in this world, you’ll be in the running for screen time, constructive feedback and support from our industry panel, media exposure, bragging rights and awesome prizes. The casting call end date is 28 December 2018.
- Entry is open to young people aged 13-24 years as at 1 January 2018.
- Your video can be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Your video must introduce you, tell us why you want to be part of the REELise #YouthEmpowerment campaign and share your funniest or most anxious online moment.
- Entrants will be judged on the creativity of their video and their on-camera performance skills. We’re looking for confident and engaging presenters with fun and clever approaches to connecting with a youth audience using limited resources.
- Your entry including your full name, age, email address and contact telephone number together with a link to your film (enabling its download) must be received at email@example.com by no later than 5pm on 28 December 2018. If you are under 18 years, your entry must also include the full name, email address and contact telephone number of your parent or legal guardian.
- You, and if you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian, warrant that you have permission to use all underlying content in your video and your video does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party.
- Selection of videos for screening online and at the REELise Film Festival and in the running for awards is at the discretion of REELise Inc. All judging decisions are final. REELise may elect to judge entrants in whole or in part on the basis of viewer popularity.
- By submitting your video, you are granting REELise permission to use that video within their marketing and educational materials related to this competition and to its youth leadership programs generally. You will retain copyright for the video you have submitted but you are granting REELise a non-exclusive licence throughout the world indefinitely (whether or not the video is selected for screening at the REELise Film Festival), to show the video to the public or to grant third parties permission to show the film to the public for purposes of exhibition, promotion and education by any means including, but not limited to, the internet, cable, satellite, television or cinema broadcast and any media yet to be devised.
- Prizes must be claimed within one month of receiving notification of winning or they will be deemed to have been forfeited. Any prizes awarded are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Any costs of travel to collect a prize are to the account of the prize winner and are not paid by REELise Inc. Experiential prizes do not include travel to and from the location of the work experience.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that you have read and understood these terms of entry and agree to be bound by them. If you’re under 18, then the parent/guardian named in your entry confirms that they have read and understood these terms of entry and agree to be bound by them.
If you have any questions, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.